This is a home solution product targeted for Kenyans living and working abroad. The National Diaspora home loan enables Kenyans living in Diaspora to buy and own an already developed home for either dwelling or investment purposes.
The Diaspora homes solution allows a customer to be funded up to 90% of the sale price for purchase of residential property.
For the construction mortgage loan the following factors apply:
- The loan must be used to finance the construction of a home, for dwelling or investment purposes
- Land must be owned by the borrower.
- Loan is offered on reimbursement basis i.e. after completion of each construction phase, which is supervised by the bank’s approved valuer/quantity surveyor.
- Borrower must engage a contractor and qualified consultants to supervise the construction. The consultants are: quantity surveyor, architect, structural engineer.
- Customer must charge the land to National Bank.
The costs related to this mortgage are:
- A facility fee of 1% of loan amount
- Legal fee
- Stamp Duty
- Valuation fees
- Insurance fee (Life and Property Insurance)
- Visit the National bank Diaspora page via the www.nationalbank.co.ke
- Download the application pack on the Diaspora Banking page Section of our website. (read through to take note of all application requirements and the terms and conditions.)
- Complete the form and attach the following documents (please note all documentations need to be in English):
- Completed Account Opening form
- Identification documents:
- Certified (notarized) copy of Kenyan Passport with visa and bio data details
- Certified copy of Kenyan ID (both sides)
- Signed sale agreement
- Two colored Passport Size Photos
- Copy of title (certified)
- Certified copy of Kenya KRA pin (You can apply for a PIN online at www.revenue.go.ke/index.php/kra-portal)
- Certified (Notarized) copy of work permit/resident card
- Certified (Notarized) 6 months bank statements
- A letter from your employer confirming your employment details
- Latest 3 months payslips(pay stubs)
- Forward the documents to National Bank via courier addressed to the following address
The Manager, Mortgage Sales
4th floor National Bank building Harambee Avenue
P.O.Box 72866-00200 Nairobi
We recommend that if you are not available in Kenya during the application process you appoint a power of attorney to act on your behalf.
- You need to be a Kenyan citizen
- You need to be gainfully employed