Applying for Motor Insurance.
Documents required when applying for Motor Insurance.
- Duly completed/signed proposal form
- Copy of ID
- Copy of log book
- Copy of Driving License
- Vehicle Valuation Report
What is covered in Motor Insurance?
- Accident caused by external means.
- Man made calamities, such as Explosion, Burglary, Theft, Riots & Strikes, Malicious Acts, Terrorism, etc
- Natural calamities like Earthquakes, Fire, Floods, Typhoons, Hurricanes, Storms, Cyclones, Lightning, etc.
- While in Transit by rail/road, air or waterway.
- Third party legal liability
- Cover for an owner driver in case of death
- Courtesy car following loss or damage of the insured car. On payment of additional premium
- Acts of terrorism ,on payment of additional premium.
What is not covered in Motor Insurance?
- Normal wear and tear of the vehicle due to usage
- Loss or damage due to depreciation of vehicle
- Electrical / Mechanical breakdown
- Wear and tear of consumables like tires and tubes
- Loss or damage incurred outside the geographical area
- Loss or damage caused as result of driving under intoxication (DUI) (alcohol/drugs)
- Loss or damage caused to the vehicle by a unauthorized person without valid driving license
- Loss or damage due to nuclear risks
- Vehicle being used otherwise than in accordance with restrictions as to use.
- Loss/Damage attributable to War/Mutiny/Nuclear risks
- Damages caused due to speed testing/ racing
- Known or deliberate accidental damage
- First part of any loss commonly referred to as policy excess.