National Ahadi is a savings account that allows you to save your money while earning an attractive interest each month. This account is available in KES, US dollars, GBP and Euros.
Key product features & benefits
- Restricted withdrawals per quarter that allows limited accessibility. The idea is to build a habit of saving by making the money less available.
- No debit card
- Tiered interest rates to encourage a saving habit. The more you save the more returns you get.
- If withdrawals are done more than once during the quarter then interest is forfeited.
What are the requirements?
- Your Kenyan identification card or valid passport (first and last page)
- One passport photograph
- Opening balance for the Kenya Shilling account is Kshs. 1,000 and interest is earned from KES 1,001
- The FCY opening balance is USD 100, EUR 100, GBP 100. However, interest is earned from USD, EUR, GBP 201
|Interest rates on KES Ahadi Savings Accounts|
For GBP, EUR and USD accounts
|Minimum Balance in FCY||Interest rate|
|1 – 200||1.00%|
|201 – 1,000||2.00%|
|1,001 – 5,000||2.50%|
|5,001 – 10,000||3.00%|
|10,001 and above||3.50%|